List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Lilypond integration
From:       Guenter Milde <milde () users ! berlios ! de>
Date:       2009-04-01 7:58:47

On 2009-03-23, Piero Faustini wrote:

> I have a doubt, although it's regarding more the LaTeX-LilyPond integration:
> lily-book knows how to break music lines (or pages) in a given latex
> environment,

Are you sure?

As I understand the docs of lilypond-book, it is a preprocessor that
works by extracting snippets of lilypond notation, transforming them to
EPS or PDF graphics and inserting a graphic-loading command in their
place.

> but it can't guess if this environment will change after LaTeX
> compile. I mean: I'm writing a komascript book using some packages
> which can alter heavily the shape of the text, such as BibLaTeX, by
> adding more text.  This is the reason why my LyX's LaTeX run up to 4
> times when compiling, and everything works ok. Can lilypond-book give
> instructions at the beginning of this process?

No.

But if used according to its specification (small musical examples in a
book), LaTeX should handle them nice. If I remember right, you can also
place the lilypond snipped inside a flaot.

> Can it be run more than once between Latex runs just to refine
> the process?

Not that I know of.

Günter