List:       lyx-users
Subject:    1.6.2 handling of graphics paths changed from 1.6.1.
From:       Jason K Howlett <Jason_K_Howlett () raytheon ! com>
Date:       2009-03-31 16:16:01

--=_alternative 00595B560725758A_=

Hello,

I have a LyX document that includes graphics in the header, i.e.,
ERT:\lhead{\includegraphics{mypic.eps}}. In LyX 1.6.1 this worked
perfectly when producing DVI. I recently upgraded to 1.6.2 (on Windows)
and the graphic no longer is displayed in the DVI. I used the LyX
mechanism for inserting the graphic in the document body and it shows up
fine. When I inspect the generated DVI I see the following differences:

For the file in the header with the manual includegraphics:
PSfile=""C:/Documents and Settings/xx/Desktop/mypaper/"/mypic.eps"
For the file inserted with the LyX dialog:
PSfile="0C__Documents_and_Settings_xx_Desktop_mypaper_mypic.eps"

I understand the issue with DVI and quoted paths and the need to run
clean_dvi.py, but I don't understand why this worked fine with 1.6.1 and
now doesn't with 1.6.2. If I export Latex code and run pplatex on it
manually the results are just fine. In fact, the resulting DVI doesn't
have any path information at all. It is just PSfile="mypic.eps".

For comparison, when I use LyX 1.6.1 the DVI has the following:

For the file in the header with the manual includegraphics:
PSfile="C:/Documents and Settings/xx/Desktop/mypaper//mypic.eps"
For the file inserted with the LyX dialog:
PSfile="0C__Documents_and_Settings_xx_Desktop_mypaper_mypic.eps"

The quotes are not around the path. Why has this behavior changed and how
can I work around the problem?

Thanks,

Jason K. Howlett
Simulation Lead ATG IFS