List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Dropping a document out of version control
From:       Todd Denniston <Todd.Denniston () ssa ! crane ! navy ! mil>
Date:       2009-03-24 19:33:31

Shahar Or wrote, On 03/24/2009 01:36 PM:
> On ג', 2009-03-24 at 09:21 -0400, Todd Denniston wrote:
>> Complex answer:
>> remove the version control file, i.e.:
>> rm RCS/mylyxfile.lyx,v
>
> I don't have an RCS directory where my file is. Should I?

Making the assumption that you really do mean version control instead of
change tracking.
the 'standard' way to use RCS is to have a RCS/ directory in the directory
where you are working and the ,v files are there.  If you did not create the
RCS directory then the ci & co commands will work directly in the directory
where you are at, i.e. if you issue ls you will see:
mylyxfile.lyx
mylyxfile.lyx,v

>> cp mylyxfile.lyx mylyxfile.lyx.bak; \
>>   cvs remove -f mylyxfile.lyx