List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Help for paper about LaTeX/LyX and the meaning of life
From:       Piero Faustini <pierofaustini () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-23 16:07:00

Hello,
 in a couple of months I have to speak at a conference about computers &
music/critical editions. I will introduce to a M$Word-enslaved audience the
great advantages of WYSIWYM (by the way, I'm going to talk about music notation
software LilyPond too, and the audience will be also Finale-enslaved: it's
David vs. Goliat).

I'm a musicologist and I'm not a LaTeX/LyX pro so the thing would definitely be
something much more like a divulgative/ads/propaganda thing than a specialized
research. For this reason, in order to give the audience some "content" rather
than advertising, I want to cite some statistics, relevant opinions, important
projects/books/initiatives based on LyX and so on, but the LyX site lacks of
all of this.

On the other hand, I would like to introduce the WYSIWYM "philosophy" but, as
I'm not a semiologist, I don't know where to find some relevant thought (or
some "effect quotation"!) on the whole Content-Form-Structure-and-the-meaning-
of-life stuff.

Any help would be apreciated and - if possible - referenced.

Thanks, Piero