List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Installing biblatex on OSX
From:       jezZiFeR <jezzifer () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-23 14:40:44

Hello,

 I have a problem with installing bibtext on a second OSX-Computer. I put
> the
> > biblatex.module-file directly into the =85/library/Lyx-1.6-Folder. Mayb=
> this
> > is the problem, but I think this is what the wiki prompts me to do. I
> > reconfigured Lyx various times without succes =96 it does not find the
> module.
>
> Did you put it in ~/Library/Application Support/LyX-1.6/layout folder?
> (That's where it belongs.)

Yes, that=B4s where I have put it=85

> > Running texhas I get error-messages for every file in the texmf-folder,
> for
> > example:
> >>
> >> texhash: /usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-var: directory not writable.
> >> Skipping...
>
> This indicates you need to run texhash as root: sudo texhash.

I did that now, but Lyx still does not find the biblatex-module.

> On my other computer I have a texmf-folder
> > directly in the library, where the biblatex.module is saved, and
> everything
> > works fine. But on the other computer this folder does not exist=85
>
> It won't exist unless you create it.

Do I need that folder or is it okay, that biblatex-module is in
=85/library/applicationsupport/lyx 1.6 ? Where do all the other files lie o=
my computer, on which I don=B4t have that texmf-folfer directly in the
library?

Could I just copy that folder from one computer to the other?

Thank you, best
Jess