j.asal wrote: > > Hi, > > I want to write a music theory book with LyX. For musical examples I would > like to use Lilypond, but there seems to be no support for including and > displaying Lilypond snippets (apart from importing whole Lilypond files). > I know that one could use lilypond-book to postprocess files with embedded > lilypond code, but then you don't have any preview and you can't use LyX > to 'compile' the latex file. Any ideas/suggestions? > > Best regards, > Johannes Asal I know nothing about Lilypond but have you looked at the insert->external object way. There is also a KDE frontend to Lilypond called Frescobaldi that looks nice from the screenshots. Cheers, Charles -- http://www.kde-france.org