List:       lyx-users
Subject:    re:Re: Very frequent crashes in 1.6.1 (with loss of work)
From:       Van Damme Michael <michael.vandamme () vub ! ac ! be>
Date:       2009-03-09 15:51:51

> rgheck wrote:
> > >
> > I'll have a look at this under one of my Fedora 10 machines.
> >
> As I said in the bug report, I was unable to reproduce this problem
> under F10, even fully updated. And that was using the test file attached
> to the report, trying to follow the instructions given. It's possible
> that the problem was caused by some kind of corruption of a key file and
> was fixed by the re-install, not because anything got downgraded but
> simply because the corrupt file got fixed.
>
> rh

This is absolutely possible (provided it wasn't a file of lyx itself, since I \
reinstalled it plenty of times).  All I can say is that no other program seemed to \
have problems. In a couple of weeks (when having a working lyx has become less of a \
priority) I'll upgrade again and we'll see.

Michael