List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Endnotes - two questions
From:       Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws () hotkey ! net ! au>
Date:       2009-02-27 7:31:26

I am writing a book.

1.  Can I have endnotes for each chapter?  That seems to have been
recommended.  IMO, endnotes make the book more readable.  In my case, that is
important.  For a true reference work, I would certainly opt for footnotes,
because they are closer to the referring text.

2.  When I try to use endnotes, the "endnote" is just a number, the total of
the endnotes in existence.  The notes themselves are not listed.