List:       lyx-users
Subject:    program listings and bold typewriter font
From:       "G. Jay Kerns" <gkerns () ysu ! edu>
Date:       2009-02-06 15:05:59

Dear LyX-users,

I am using LyX 1.6.1 on Ubuntu Intrepid 64.

I have inserted a program listing into an AMSbook document class and
have typed some code in the R language.  Everything works fine if I
want the code to be typeset with sans serif font;  reserved words are
bolded.

However, if I try to use "Typewriter" in the settings dialog, it is
correctly shown as typewriter, but the bold is no longer there.

Here's what it says in the documentation, "Embedded Objects":

Note: If you don't get bold keywords when using typewriter fonts, your
typewriter font probably doesn't provide a bold shape. In this case
select a different one in the menu Document->Settings->Fonts. (The
fonts LuxiMono, BeraMono and Courier provide bold shapes.)

I changed my fonts in Documents/Settings:

1)  I tried both Courier and Beramono, but there was no difference in
the output.  What is happening?  Is this OS dependent?

2) Latin Modern Typewriter and LuxiMono are shown to be 'not
installed'.  Does anyone know where these are in Synaptic or
elsewhere?

Can anyone help me?

Regards,
Jay

-

G. Jay Kerns, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, OH 44555-0002 USA
Office: 1035 Cushwa Hall
Phone: (330) 941-3310 Office (voice mail)
-3302 Department
-3170 FAX
E-mail: gkerns@ysu.edu
http://www.cc.ysu.edu/~gjkerns/