AB >>> I might have missed something here (I'm sorry in that case) but are >>> you suggesting a LyX-light version for people that does not want to >>> use anything but word >>> >> Paradoxically yes. >> > > I'd say: create converters that are shipped with LyX instead! > > If I may generalize a little.... > The word users are of two kinds: the largest part is the one that will > never use anything but word no matte what you do. People is still > educated to learn "Word" not writing and structuring documents. It is > unfortunatly a waste of developer time to produce a LyX light version > for these people, I'm affraid. > I agree with this, I can't see any Word User installing a Lyx-Lite as a way of collaborating. And if I could, they would be the ones that I would also be able to persuade to install Lyx. There may be other reasons for a Lyx-Lite but this isn't one. For collaboration we need a high quality converter (which I doubt is possible, given how badly Microsoft, Open Office, Pages etc do with converters) or a PDF based solution where we can enable the collaboration features of Acrobat Reader. Graham