List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Strategies for Writing Co-operation with Non-LyX Users?
From:       David Mertens <dcmertens () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-05 19:10:12

> I'm a bit puzzled about this, because python is needed to run the
> configure.py script that checks for installed programs and the like. Are you
> sure the installer didn't install python?
>
> rh

I looked a bit closer and you are correct.  Python was installed in my LyX
program folder, not in 'C:\Program Files\', which is what I expected.  The
same holds for ghostscript and image magick.  I presumed that the LyX
developers had put python scripting into LyX itself, but clearly I was
mistaken.

David