List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Strategies for Writing Co-operation with Non-LyX Users?
From:       Helge Hafting <helge.hafting () hist ! no>
Date:       2009-02-05 17:03:18

Vincent van Ravesteijn wrote:

> I think this should hold for FullyLyX too. You should be able to use LyX
> without any Latex and/or Image conversion applications. Of course some
> export functions don't work and some images can't be converted, but
> plain text, etc. should work.

I believe LyX already do that. No latex means you can export plain text,
and possibly docbook if docbook support software is installed. Plain
text export is handled by Lyx itself, so no need for supporting software.

(LyX have 3 export formats built in - latex, plain text, and the stuff
docbook uses.)

Helge Hafting