List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Strategies for Writing Co-operation with Non-LyX Users?
From:       Piero Faustini <pierofaustini () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2009-02-05 15:04:18

Helge Hafting <helge.hafting@...> writes:

> Or in the case of a serious cooperation setup - use the same config file
> as the guy who has the full lyx setup and does the printing.

That's smart.

LyghtLyX (got the word-pun?) should know that with that document, he is working
on a project, for which he relies on the config supplied by a file and related
to another machine - config problems are entirely THAT machine's problem. He
doesn't care. If he can't give a visualization of a image or external material
etc. he simply put this message in a in-text-box "I can't show you this image".
He should be self-conscious of his different nature (that's the reason I used
HE and not IT...).
I read many opinions, and, although we need more, I made my mind that this LyX
version should taken in serious consideration by main developers, and we need
to know how much work should this require. As a non-programmer I have no idea,
but I guess it's less complicated than work on some rtf converters (which, btw,
I strongly encourage, of course), the most complicated thing could be re-design
the way LyX approach a document: now it should approach a PROJECT, and, even if
I have NO experience nor any knoledge with project-management-software, I guess
could be a interesting advance with respect to LaTeX or other scientific
software.
Anyway, hope that with last suggestion I contributed to move back the
discussion to original problem: collaboration.