List:       lyx-users
Subject:    web  search>jabref>lyx
From:       Wolfgang Engelmann <engelmann () uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       2009-01-31 10:25:50

Slightly off topic, but somebody might know:

I am using JabRef to push my references into a LyX-written book.
Lets say, I have my references in ref.bib and want to search for references in
the web concerning
circadian obesity sleep and 2008

So I press F5 (WebSearch and Search Medline) in JabRef
get a Medline Tab
and insert
circadian obesity sleep 2008
which would give me 48 references

to reduce the number, I include review:
circadian obesity sleep review 2008
which gives me 48 references

In order to select the only reference I am interested in,
namely Laposky ....
I remove the rest before and after this reference

by using cut and paste with the mouse
(##question1: is there an easier way? did not find any##)

generate a bibtex-key (knob)
and press ok

The reference is now in ref.bib

However, instead of
Laposky, A. D. and Bass, J. ......
as desired,

I get
Aaron D Laposky and Joseph Bass ...
without comma and points, and the prenames in front

##Question 2: is there a way to get it correct at this stage or before?##

I save the entered reference in JabRef by control s
(if not done now I won't see the ref in the lyx file immediately)

and push the citation into the Lyx file (pressing the LyX knob or control l)

The citation is giving troubles when trying to export the LyX file,
and I have to fix the author line first, which is cumbersome if there are many
authors and prone to introduce errors

I am sorry for this lengthy mail, but wanted to describe it in a way which is
easily reproducible.

I would appreciate help,
and thanks a lot in advance

Wolfgang