List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: MS Word to LyX
From:       "David A. Case" <case () biomaps ! rutgers ! edu>
Date:       2009-01-29 13:33:38

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009, Anders Host-Madsen wrote:

> So, it seems the only solution is word2tex -- it appears to
> do the conversion better than GrindEQ. But it is hard
> to judge from the trial version, and the real version is
> quite expensive (and risky, since it seems support is
> non-existent).

I've used word2tex for several of projects.  Things still often need
tweaking on the Latex side, but (for me) it was much better than any
other tool I tried.  I mainly used it for a book project with many
hundreds of equations.

I don't have any experience with Chikrii's support.  And it is
expensive, although I qualified for the academic discount.

...hope this helps....dave case