List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Strategies for Writing Co-operation with Non-LyX Users?
From:       Ehud Kaplan <ehud.kaplan () mssm ! edu>
Date:       2009-01-26 16:07:41

My own problems with using Lyx for a committee-composed documents are
much more prosaic:

   1. It is difficult to tell which is newly inserted text vs deleted
      text-- it is all blue on my screen
   2. There is no tracking of who changed what, as is nicely done in MS WORD
   3. There are no keyboard shortcuts for accepting/rejecting changes,
      making the process tedious
   4. Inserting notes into the text is not as nicely done as it used to
      be in previous version of MS WORD-- it is simply hard to see where
      the notes are, or what is their contents.

That being said, the tracking of changes is the MAIN reason I use Lyx in
the first place, since, in general, I prefer Latex with Kile (under
Linux) or WinEdt (under Windows), but Latex does not provide convenient
ways of tracking changes, as far as I know.

E. Kaplan