List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Strategies for Writing Co-operation with Non-LyX Users?
From:       Nikos Alexandris <nikos.alexandris () felis ! uni-freiburg ! de>
Date:       2009-01-26 13:33:32

I had a few days back this problem: how to give my document to somebody
for corrections (anything except .lyx or .tex). The other person did try
to install lyx (on Kubuntu) but probably Kubuntu's repositories host a
previous version of LyX and we all know that it costs some time to get
all things working straight forward.

I only want to say, as an end-user, that I don't even think to go back
to OpenOffice for documents. Even if there are cooperation problems.

While I agree, more or less, with Piero Faustini that _one_ way to push
LyX further is to ignore other documents (especially .doc's) I still
think that a tool should be interoperable meaning, except of getting it
working on most operating systems, that it is able to handle most
known/established document formats (painless import/export).

Kind Regards, Nikos