List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: biblatex for Lyx 1.6.1, OSX
From:       jezZiFeR <jezzifer () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2009-01-04 23:05:39

>>> error:
>>> LaTeX Error: File `biblatex.sty' not found.
>>>

>> Did you install biblatex on your computer ?
>>
>> If not and you are using MacTeX follow the instructions here :
>>
>> http://www.1984produkts.com/donkeyhottie/archives/2008/05/11/mla-bibliographies-in-mactex/
>
> Thanks – I assumed it was installed with MacTex. It wasnīt, so I did
> that now…
> The problem now is, that I donīt get an index. I have inserted a
> BibTex-Index	 and tried different styles. As far as I understood it
> doesnīt matter, which one I choose. Or do I have to install a style
> also?
>
> In a new file I created I interestingly only get references in a
> dialogue, which I donīt know and Iīm sure, that I didnīt enter them
> in BibDesk. I also canīt find them via spotlight. This is what I
> have in my preamble:
>
> \usepackage[style=authoryear,natbib=true]{biblatex}
> \bibliography{<name of my BibDesk-File>}
>
> Thank you, best*
> Jess

Sorry, I forgot to enter the "\printbibliography"-ERT. I also removed
the problem with the false references. Now I at least get an index,
but a totally empty one. It seems, that I have to install the styles
also. I have downloaded this, which should work for me:

http://biblatex.dominik-wassenhoven.de/biblatex-dw.shtml

Where do I have to put those folders exactly?

Cheers*
Jess