List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Toggle Toolbars off?
From:       "Paul A. Rubin" <rubin () msu ! edu>
Date:       2008-11-29 16:12:03

Ivan Werning wrote:
> When I type a math the math toolbar and math-panel toolbar automatically
> toggles at the bottom of the screen. (Mac OS X 10.5.5 with Lyx 1.6)
>
> This is a nice idea, but sometimes has some problems. For example, if I
> was typing at the bottom of the screen, then I may get the stuff I'm
> writing covered up by the toolbar! After hitting a key the screen will
> move, but it isn't ideal to be left blinded for a moment.
>
> Anyway, since I barely need it, for this and other reasons I'd rather
> have it turned off by default and then opt in at will. But I couldn't
> figure out how to do this.
>
> So how can I get the toggled math and math-panel toolbars to be off?

This is IMHO rather unintuitive behavior, but if you put the cursor in a
math inset and then go to View -> Toolbars and click a math toolbar, it
toggles between auto and always off.  If you do this _outside_ a math
inset, it toggles between auto and always on.  The menu entry does not
change (other than presence/absence of the check mark) -- it always says
'auto'.  I miss the old behavior.

/Paul