List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Flex insets
From:       rgheck <rgheck () bobjweil ! com>
Date:       2008-11-24 21:54:35

Max Bian wrote:
> In layout directory "stdinsets.inc", there are definitions of
> Info:menu, Info:shortcut, and Info:shortcuts. It appears that these
> are the ones to define the menu/shortcut styles in the help files.
> However, I don't see there is anyway to use these from LyX menu.
> Actually, the definitions in Logical Markup module is listed in
> Edit->Text Style.
>
> I am a little confused. Shouldn't these "Info:???" styles be available
> from the LyX Menu, like Algorithm, Box, ERT, etc? Or am I only
> supposed to copy them and make my own in a layout or module file?
>
> I am using lyx 1.6 on Windows.

You can define shortcuts for them if you like, or even arrange for it to
be on your menu. What it would do is insert an InsetInfo object into
your file, which is used e.g. to show which shortcut is associated with
"font-emph". InsetInfo isn't on the menu because it was never intended
for ordinary users. I'm not sure why you'd want to use it, unless you're
writing docs for LyX.

rh