List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Going from custom charstyles to module
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2008-11-24 17:22:24

Richard Heck wrote:

> See the Customization manual, chapter 5, especially sections 5.2.1 and
> 5.3.6.

OK. I missed that because it is not translated yet in French.
> This SHOULD work. As you see, LyX does update the file to the new
> format. What does the LyX code look like if you use your new InsetLayout
> definition? It's the disagreement between these that is causing the
> problem, I think.
>
> What you might want to do is just to put your old Format 2 code into a
> module and let LyX do the conversion to Format 11 for you. You can also
> run:
>     python $LYXDIR/layout2layout.py oldlayout.module newlayout.module
> and see how LyX converts it, then just use newlayout.module instead of
> oldlayout.module.
It worked. The main difference is that the script gives :

InsetLayout CharStyle:Latin

where my handcrafted version had
InsetLayout Latin

The 'Charstyle:' is not very elegant but seems to be necessary.

> And in fact, they can be collapsable if you want them to be. The
> Decoration tag controls this.
What is the difference between Minimalistic and Conglomerate ? I do not see
on the screen any difference.

Would it be possible when your cursor is in a zone formatted with a custom
charstyle to print in the status bar after the font formatting information
something like 'Custom character style : Foo' ?

Cheers,
Charles
--
http://www.kde-france.org