List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Building LyX layout for Copernicus Journals, class definition and estimate of time span?
From:       "Maarten Smoorenburg" <meelmaarten () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-24 16:06:31

Now I've added your suggestion;
ClassOptions
     Other hess,ms
  End

But, still it doesnot work, I get the error message when trying to define in
Document Settings:
*"The layout file... is not usable. This is probably because a LaTeX class
or style file required by it is not available.*"

It does recognize the class options though.

In TeXniCenter, I can compile some document with the specified
copernicus.cls settings, so I think I do not miss out on LaTeX files in my
MiKTeX 2.7.

I see two problems myself:
- some default packages of LyX amsmath.sty cannot work with the
copernicus.cls document class
- some required environments (running author, conclusions, introduction
etc.) are not standard in LyX

I see some other layouts require ".inc" files. Do I need to write one of
these too? And how to handle these two copernicus.cls specific problems;
anybody knows of other journals / layouts with these features as examples?

Cheers,

Maarten