List:       lyx-users
Subject:    citation style does not mention "<author> et. al." as promised
From:       Manoj Rajagopalan <rmanoj () umich ! edu>
Date:       2008-11-18 17:00:41

Hi all,

   In my document, I have inserted a Bibtex bibliography. For certain
citation items, I choose the "<author> et. al." Citation style from the
Formatting section of the Citation dialog. This is supposed to give me
reference of the form "<author> et. al. [ref#] ...". However, when I
view the DVI I only see text like "[ref#] ..." without the author's name
as the citation style dialog promises.

   Would anyone know why this is so? I am using the book(AMS) document
class.

Thanks,
Manoj