Hi All I made quite good progress producing a portable LyX installation based on LyX 1.6.0. What would be the best place to post the instructions? I think wiki.lyx.org may be suitable, but it looks a bit disorganised at the moment, and it seems that only developers have access anyway (?). I used texlive 2008 as my tex installation, which already provides some portability. I follow the same basic approach as tl-portable.bat, but add the necessary environment variables for LyX, convert and ghostscript. Apart from one problem between the bundled convert and the bundled ghoscript, this works really well. Regards, Thomas