List:       lyx-users
Subject:    re: Change names of TOC? Bibliography?
From:       PeerLynt () web ! de
Date:       2008-11-17 14:29:12

> Does anyone know how to change the name of this section? In Lyx
> report(koma-script) it prints out by default as "Contents". Can I make it
> read "Table of Contents" ?

yes

> Also, to change the default name of the Bibliography I tried adding the
> following to the preamble, but it doesn't seem to have an effect:
> \renewcommand{\bibname}{List of References}
> If I add this as ERT code right before the Bibliography in my LyX document,
> the name is now changed in the PDF output. How come?

use this \renewcommand*{\bibname}{List of References}

> I am using the 'bibtotoc' option in the arguments to the document class.
> (The bibliography appears in the Contents, even when the nomenclature doesn't!)
> What's the difference between this and using the following ERT TEX code?
> \addcontentsline{toc}{chapter}{\bibname}

if you just care for the bib to show up in the TOC, its the same; if you are \
depending on other things like hyperref it will lead to different outcomes

> With the hyperref package, the bibliography is hyperlinked to the TOC entry,
> but if I use the "bookmarks" menu on the left in Acrobat, clicking on
> "Bibliography" takes me to the title page of my document instead!

it should work, either you check your preferences or you could workaround with \
setting up a hypertarget around your bibliography like this:

\hypertarget{YOURLABELNAME}{}
\pdfbookmark[0]{Bookmarkname}{YOURLABELNAME}

but then you will probably have to replace your bibtotoc option with KOMA by the \
addcontentsline command

> Alex

cheers,
peerlynt