=??B?SsO8cmdlbiBTcGl0em3DvGxsZXI=?= wrote: >> are not installed. > > I would not talk of "moving". We should provide support for XeTeX, but not > at the price of dropping support for other LaTeX variants. There will > always be enough reasons to not use XeTeX (as long as it misses support > for micro typographic extensions, I will not use it, for instance). I would rather have one stable and solid LyX Way (unicode + xetex (and in the future luatex) + opentype) and a possibility to export pdflatex code for special reasons (like microtypography). Having the possibility to switch the latex engine in the middle of creating a document is a recipe for subtle problems (encoding, fonts). LyX users should not care and know anything about subtle differences between LaTeX engines. I will not mourn the death of LaTeX inputenc, font system, DVI... Cheers, Charles -- http://www.kde-france.org