List:       lyx-users
Subject:    reverse-DVI support for documents with Children?
From:       Cameron Stone <camerons () cse ! unsw ! edu ! au>
Date:       2008-09-08 8:07:47

I set up reverse-DVI support for lyx and kdvi, and I'm very impressed. It used
to be a hassle to get from the dvi back to the source on large documents and
now I can do it with a single click.

However, it doesn't work completely for documents containing child documents
as Includes. Does anyone know if/how this can be made to work?

Cameron

PS If you want to know how check: http://wiki.lyx.org/Mac/Mac#toc7 which
explains how to use xdvi. For kdvi just set the dvi viewer to "kdvi", then in
the kdvi Sttings->DVI_Specials, set Editor to User-Defined and set the shell
command to "/usr/bin/lyxclient -g %f %l". This works in lyx 1.5.5 and kdvi
3.5.10.