List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Installing 1.6 RC1 keeps failing.
From:       "Soe Naung" <ashinpan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-08-28 19:50:34

Hi!

Thanks a lot, Bob.

You wrote:

> > This doesn't have to do with qt4. For some reason, the lyx2lyx program is
> > apparently not being copied to its installed location. I'd have a look at
> > /usr/local/share/lyx and see what you have there. Is something preventing
> > the copy?

Actually after the installation failure, there is no "lyx" directory left in
the /usr/local/share.

> > The other thing that strikes me is the fact that you have a space in the
> > path to the sources" "My Downloads". It's possible that make is choking
> on
> > that. Try moving the tree somewhere else, with no spaces.

Yes. After moving the tree somewhere else, the installation has succeeded.

> This may be a stupid comment, but I'll make it anyway.
>
> You are running 'make install' as root right? Or in Ubuntu, I guess
> that would be 'sudo make install'.

Actually, it is me who has failed to mention that I was making a root
install. Your comment is not stupid at all, Bob. Anyhow thanks a lot for
your kind help.

with all regards

Ven. Pandita