List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: LyX on Asus eeePC?
From:       MonAmiPierrot <pierofaustini () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-30 14:55:51

As you wrote, seems to work perfectly, Michel, but it installed Lyx version
1.4.3 while I used to work on my thesis file with a (Windows) Lyx 1.5.5.
If I try to open this file with the newly installed Lyx on the eeePC
Xandros, it tells me the script lyx2lyx can't convert it (it tell me "it was
created with a earlier version of Lyx, but it can't convert it". True, it
was created with a earlier version - but then edited with updated 1.5.5
version: this is the problem, I guess!
So - it should be a matter of updating LyX. how to update my LyX to v. 1.5.5
(or above) in the Xandros OS (I'm a Linux dummy)?
thx