List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Blank Line Before \begin{itemize} in Geneterated LaTeX
From:       Abdelrazak Younes <younes () lyx ! org>
Date:       2008-06-30 6:26:57

Etienne M. Gagnon wrote:
> Abdelrazak Younes wrote:
>>> This is best solved by making sure LyX doesn't spit out spurious
>>> "\n"'s everywhere... I've looked in the code, and this part does not
>>> seem beautiful at all. I won't even copy here some comments I read
>>> in the code; they were too awful! :-)
>> That the code is less than perfect is a fact ;-)
>> That we need help to improve it is also a fact.
>> Whether you'll help us or not is still unknown :-)
>
> Hi Abdel,
>
> Just making sure there's no misunderstanding: I really meant this as
> funny remark, not as a critic of of the code.

But as I said, you, and anybody else, are entitled to give remarks on
the code, no offence taken, really.

> As I intend to start using LyX on a regular basis (given that the
> biggest show stopper for me was list handling, and once I figure out
> how to compile the code locally [something to do with missing
> "QChar"], that'll be in the past), I am likely to contribute back bug
> reports/suggestions/etc. But, hey, give me a chance...

The primary objective of my message was to trigger exactly this reaction.
We always look for need blood. But you'll have to get a stronger skin in
order to participate to the development, as opposed to this list the
devel list is not gentle :-)

En plus un troisième francophone sera le bienvenue pour compenser la
présence Allemande, même si la plupart de nos Allemands parle Francais! :-)

Abdel.