List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Google Docs to LaTeX
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2008-04-21 10:51:30

Michael Thompson wrote:

> are too kind to what Charles calls the 'wysiwyg cruft'.  If you find a
> solution to the problem with em-dashes that doesn't involve a
> find-and-replace in the .tex file, tell me.

I paste my w2lclean script that I run on files converted by writer2latex
before importing them into LyX. It is geared for French but can easily be
adapted. It uses sed (a command line search&replace that is standard on
Unix). I guess it will work on Mac OS/X.

sh w2lclean Myconvertedfile.tex will create a temp-Myconvertedfile.tex that
you can then import into LyX.

For en-dash problem, you have to create a rule to convert space-space to
space--space

Cheers,
Charles

---w2lclean----
#! /bin/sh
TEMP=temp-$1
cp $1 $TEMP
sed '
s/\\par/ /g;
s/\\bigskip//g;
s/\\fontsize{.*}{.*}\\selectfont//g;
s/\\usepackage\[ascii\]{inputenc}/\\usepackage\[latin1\]{inputenc}/g;
s/\\textsuperscript{\\footnotemark{}}\\footnotetext/\\footnote/g;
s/\\textstyleFootnoteSymbol{\\footnotemark{}}\\footnotetext/\\footnote/g;
s/\\textstyleAppelnotedebasdep{\\footnotemark{}}\\footnotetext/\\footnote/g;
s/\\textit/\\emph/g;
s/~/ /g;

s/{\\textquotedbl}/«/g;
s/{\\textquoteright}/'\''/g;