List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: LyX won't compile my document any more
From:       Michael Thompson <practical.wisdom () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-29 11:31:09

I am having similar problems with the lyx/tex connection.
For example if I export a default article to tex, which shows
up in Texshop as this:

%% LyX 1.5.4 created this file.  For more info, see http://www.lyx.org/.
%% Do not edit unless you really know what you are doing.
\documentclass[english]{article}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

\makeatletter
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% User specified LaTeX commands.

\usepackage{babel}
\makeatother

\begin{document}
All the king's horses...
\end{document}

Then Lyx says:

...text2.lyx is from a different version of Lyx
but the lyx2lyx script failed to convert it

There are also frequent refusals to typeset the PDF
without any explanation, though I cant figure out
what and when. The PDF button just darkens for a bit
and then it's like nothing had happened between us.