List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Problems with Lyx in connection to JabRef
From:       Jürgen_Spitzmüller <juergen () spitzmueller ! org>
Date:       2008-02-18 15:31:38

Gudrun Meyer wrote:
> I use Lyx 1.5 in connection with JabRef 2.2 as a bibliography data-base.
> Now, no matter which style I use, Lyx isn't able to show the bibliography
> in a proper way. It either leaves out important fields, such as location,
> adds fields, which I do not want to be shown, such as notes,

This is not LyX's fault at all. The bst file alone is responsible for which
fields are shown (and how).

> and last but
> not least it even changes small and big letters in the titles given.

This is a BibTeX "feature", apparently useful for the English writing world.
You need to use a bst file that suppresses this or embrace titles like "Ein
{T}itel mit {G}ro\ssbuchstaben".

> As the basic system on my computer I use Windows XP. Any help? Under
> document options I chose Nat.bib style, as the style of the bibliography I
> chose plain.nat.

If you do not find a suitable style file, you can easily create your own.
Type "latex makbst" in a console window, and answer the questions.

Jürgen