List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: [OT] Best KDE-centric Distribution?
From:       "Paul Johnson" <pauljohn32 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-22 19:07:36

On Jan 14, 2008 11:18 AM, rgheck <rgheck@bobjweil.com> wrote:

> I've been using Fedora ever since I started using Linux, but the
> second-rate status of KDE under Fedora is starting to get to me, so I'm
> thinking about switching. But then: to what? I don't think Kubuntu is
> for me. Gentoo would be an option, but then I'm not sure I want to be
> quite that bleeding-edge. So, the question: What?
>
> Richard

I've been running KDE under Fedora using the special, more up-to-date
KDE rpms from the kde-redhat repo.  Seems better to me.
$ cat /etc/yum.repos.d/kde.repo

# kde.repo, v2.0

[kde]
name=kde
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/fedora/mirrors-stable
gpgkey=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/kde-redhat.RPM-GPG-KEY
#gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-kde-redhat
enabled=1

[kde-all]
name=kde-all
mirrorlist=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/stable/mirrors
gpgkey=http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/kde-redhat.RPM-GPG-KEY
#gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-kde-redhat
enabled=1

For more information, and the full repo info,

http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/

I don't run the kde-4 yet because it is still in their testing, but if
you are a gambler, I'd say go for it!

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science