List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: [OT] Best KDE-centric Distribution?
From:       curtis osterhoudt <flutzpah () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-01-15 4:33:46

I'm using sidux (based on Debian unstable) and have been since it branched off of \
Kanotix. It's easily stable enough for my everyday use, and yet things like the \
latest LyX are available quite quickly from repositories (and there's nothing \
stopping one from downloading and installing from the latest development snapshots). \
The Debian LyX maintainer generally gets versions out to the repositories within a \
week of a new release. I started out using Mandrake for my linux, then moved to Mepis \
and SUSE (and have tried the BSDs and source-oriented distros such as SourceMage and \
Gentoo), and have pretty much settled on Debian for its stability and huge package \
selection.
          Down with categorical imperative!
gardyloo@mail.wsu.edu      or     flutzpah@yahoo.com