List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: fun poll: your linux distro
From:       Ray Henry <rehenry () up ! net>
Date:       2007-12-30 22:52:41

My family uses 1.3.6 on three Ubuntu 6.06 LTS boxes for books, articles,
reports, Broadway, and classroom materials.  I've home built 1.5.2 for
Ubuntu Feisty for testing.  Have not decided to upgrade the rest yet but
will test 1.5.3 soon.

An open-source project that I work with, the Enhanced Machine Controller
also uses 1.3.6 extensively for documentation.  Lyx files are included
in the CVS for the project.  We offer the option of automatic document
preparation during make and provide automated updates if changes are
made to the lyx code for the developer versions of documents on our
site.  That documentation runs several hundred pages of PDF and quite a
stack of HTML.

The curious can browse/download at http://www.linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/.
Really intrepid explorers are welcome at
http://cvs.linuxcnc.org/cvs/emc2/docs/src/

Thanks to all for a great product, great service, and really quick help.

Ray Henry