List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: fun poll: your linux distro
From:       Sven Hoexter <sven () timegate ! de>
Date:       2007-12-30 11:01:51

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 11:30:17PM +0100, Abdelrazak Younes wrote:

Hi Abdel,

> Ahhh! at last a (good) report about the increased speed in 1.5.3! You're
> very welcome.

the speed problems are still a very weird problem I can hardly reproduce.
Yesterday it occured again when I started a backport of 1.5.3 for the first
time on a fresh system and today it's gone on the same box.
On my computer at home and my laptop I've been working with full speed and joy
for the last two month.

I've nearly given up on searching for a testcase where it's reproducible now.
Out of curiosity I've taken a look at the bugs filled against LyX in the
Ubuntu launchpad thingy last week and found at least those three describing
the same problem:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lyx/+bug/136632
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lyx/+bug/129813
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lyx/+bug/94706

So I tink that the problem exits to some extend.

Beside that 1.5.3 seems to be solid now. Thanks to you and all the
other people involved. :)

Cheers,
Sven
--
There's no need for tears, cause there's no need to cry.
That love that you leave will never be denied.