List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: fun poll: your linux distro
From:       Sven Hoexter <sven () timegate ! de>
Date:       2007-12-29 19:12:05

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 06:03:34PM +0100, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
> Am Freitag, 28. Dezember 2007 23:18 schrieb Bob Lounsbury:
>
> Debian etch  Lyx 1.4.3
>
> would like to upgrade to 1.5.3 as soon as a .deb is available. Is it?

I have one of 1.5.2 and someone else prepared some packages of 1.5.2 and
made them public in various compinations with and without included boost.

I would like to get some packages on to backports.org to avoid the
unofficial packages but boost packaging is a nightmare which just had some
more changes in unstable I'd like to see in testing first.
If you depend on latex-beamer that needs to be backported with LyX aswell.

All in all I guess it will take some more weeks until I'll takle the issue
but if someone else would like to step in you're invited to join us in the
packaging group. :)

Sven
--
There's no need for tears, cause there's no need to cry.
That love that you leave will never be denied.