Am Freitag 30 November 2007 23:01:01 schrieb Richard Heck: > Markus Büchele wrote: > > Hi, > > > > I am having one small but annoying problem with LYX. I cannot get my PDF > > output files formated the right way. > > > > If the last word in a line includes an Umlaut (äöü), hyphenation will not > > be done for this word resulting in a tail in the lines in question. > > > > I am using LYX 1.5.1 on a Gentoo system and have these packages installed > > for spell checking: > > > > aspell-0.60.5 > > aspell-de-0.60_pre20030222 > > > > What do I have to tell LYX to separate words including äöü at the right > > letter? > > > > My encoding is utf8. > > > > I would be very grateful for any suggestions. > > Someone who uses multiple languages will know better, but I'd guess that > you may need to mark these words as being in German, if they aren't > already marked that way, or if the default language isn't German. > > Richard Thanks Richard! My default language is German. I tried specifying the language as German - no change. Markus