List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Improving images for printing?
From:       Charles de Miramon <cmiramon () kde-france ! org>
Date:       2007-08-02 11:10:43

Tim Michelsen wrote:

>> Possibly there is a better/automatic way to do this using Latex or LyX
>> configuration options. Someone else may be able to advise on that.
>> Normally, with photos and the like, this blurry kind of resizing is
>> probably more likely to be what you want.
> Although I am not a wizards in imagemagick I would suppose that it could
> generally be a good feature that images of which the desired format is
> greater than their original size could be up scaled automatically by
> imagemagick commands.
>
> Maybe someone else knows more about this?

I would create a script to generate all my screenshots with the import
command from imagemagick then create a nested xephyr 300dpi xerver with the
appropriate screen geometry and rerun my script. With this solution, you
escape the ugly interpolation.

Cheers,
Charles

PS : If you could share your Lulu experience and tricks on the LyX wiki, it
would be great.
--
http://www.kde-france.org