List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Large Algorithm in Lyx
From:       Aleksandar Donev <adonev () Math ! Princeton ! EDU>
Date:       2003-11-27 17:29:59

Hello,

Please include adonev@princeton.edu on replies.

I tried to make a replacement environment for large (multipage) algorithms in
LyX. Here is what I put in the preamble:

%_____________________
\newenvironment{Algorithm}[1] {% caption as parameter
  \stepcounter{algorithm}
  \hrule \vspace{1ex}
  \center{\textbf{Algorithm \thealgorithm : }#1}
  \vspace{1ex} \hrule
}
{ \vspace{1ex} \hrule }
%_____________________

This uses the same counter as the floating algorithms and tries to mimic their
look.

The one thing I am missing is the ability to reduce the font to whatever it is
inside the floating algorithms. How do I do that?

Also, is there a way to reduce the separation \itesep between list items
globally? I use enumerated lists in my algorithms and want them to appear
with less separation between items to make them even smaller.

Thanks,
Aleksandar

--
Aleksandar Donev