List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Reasons to use Lyx instead of LaTex?
From:       Marcus Beyer <mb () stormlight ! de>
Date:       2003-09-29 17:46:31

mb > > >Because TeX users like to type and Word users like to click?
mb > >
hv > > nonsense ...

:P

Of cause this was strongly simplified, but more than once I heard
TeX users complain about the math panel ("typing goes faster").
If you don't tell them, that typing math is also possible, they will
perhaps not take a closer look. To avoid this was my intention.

The same with Word users: only few will make the jump to TeX,
because everything must be "known" there -- in Word (or any
other similiar prog) you can start without knowledge and clicking
everywhere in the GUI until you find what you was searching for.

ap > The 'why' was refering to the 'awareness' anyway...

Why should I ask you about your awareness?
Trying to flame me?

My answer was more for "yardbird" than for you (see above).
Perhaps "reply to all" was not quite right in this case.

Grüße,
Marcus

http://www.Stormlight.de