List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: eqnarray, Latex help question?
From:       Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss () alumni ! TU-Berlin ! de>
Date:       2003-04-30 19:47:28

James Frye schrieb:
> Apologies for what isn't really a Lyx question, but is there any sort of
> help facility for latex? What I need is something similar to man pages for
> C library functions, that would give optional parameters and "see also"
> pointers to related functions.  If someone could point me to it, it would
> save lots of time answering really dumb questions, such as this one:
>
> I use eqnarray* to print a set of equations, but they come out looking

for equnarray:
http://www.educat.hu-berlin.de/~voss/lyx/equnarray/equnarray.phtml

it is not possible to have it left aligned, it is still rcl

One solution is to use an array:
- ctrl-m-d and then insert from the mathpanel an array
   with l (only one column).
Another (better) solution is to use amsmath flalign:
- Insert->Math->AMS flalign
   you'll get one line with two columns. Leave the second
   empty and insert your first line of the formula in the
   first column. When finished hit ctrl-enter to get a new line.
   now do the same ...

Herbert