List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: line breaking
From:       Daniel Engelschalt <daniel.engelschalt () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-03-16 23:00:58

hello dekel,

> > the first one is "F?nf-M?chte-Abkommen" which is not being broken.
>
> If I understand correctly, you have a word with a dash, and it is not
> hyphenated. The solution is to either add hyphenation points manually
> using ctrl+<minus>
that one doesn't work for me - xdvi just shows a word without hyphens:
"FünfMächteAbkommen"

> or add to the following line \usepackage[htt]{hyphenat}
> to the preamble, and in the document, instead of '-' (a dash) put
> \hyp{} in latex mode.
works perfectly, but is kind of lavishly :)

> The problem is that latex turns off hyphenation for typewriter font.
> If your entire paragraph have typewriter font, change the alignment to
> "left".
again, works perfectly now.

what can you suggest if i want something like:
normal text

   quotation marked text, justified, indented left and right about 1cm,
typewriter font

normal text

thank you very much for your help,
daniel