List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: cygwin+XFree86+LyX 1.2.3 simple problems (DVI viewing)
From:       <Robert.R.Koehler () mbtech-group ! com>
Date:       2003-01-31 15:04:26

  > The most serious problem is that LyX cannot export to DVI for example,
  >giving me the error message "Cannot export file - No Information for
  >exporting to DVI".
  >  On the other hand, starting LyX from an xterm in cygwin's XFree86 seems
  >to work pretty well, I can export to DVI, pdf, PS, ASCII, etc very well
  >but this time, LyX uses the cygwin directory heirarchy, /home/ant that is,
  >instead of the LyX-directory I supplied in /etc/lyxprofile (c:\doc\lyx or
  >/cygwin/c/doc/lyx that is) which are two seperate directories. This is a
  >bit of an inconvenience, but quite clear in that context.
  >
  >So my question is: Why wont LyX load a proper environment when started by
  >cygwin\bin\lyxwin32.exe? Or does the problem lie somewhere else? Or could I
  >solve this by telling LyX to use /cygwin/c/doc/lyx instead of /home/ant?
  >But how do I do so?
the env variables such as HOME can be set in cygwin.bat.
Be careful as Lyx and Cygwin both lay claim to the HOME env variable!
It sounds like cygwin has control of it at the moment.
Just set the cygwin HOME env var to point at c:\docs\lyx(assuming that is
also lyx's home dir) and then it should work.

Rob