List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Seminar class does not work properly in LyX 1.2.1
From:       Guenter Milde <G.Milde () physik ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2002-08-26 7:16:16

On 23 Aug 2002 22:03:53 +0530 wrote Ananda Murthy R S <rsamurti@sancharnet.in>:

> Hello:
>
> Seminar document class does not work properly in LyX 1.2.1. But it works
> properly in LaTeX. So, there is nothing wrong with the document class.
> But the layout given with LyX 1.2.1 appears to be defective.
>
> Earlier many people have reported the same problem on this list and
> somebody had suggested to use the seminar layout file available at
> http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~dekelts/slides/seminar.layout. I tried this
> layout file also and found it not working properly.
>
> Can anybody tell me how to solve this problem.I am running LyX 1.2.1 on
> Mandrake Linux 8.2.

You can try the seminar layout from the LyX ftp server, look under

   ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/contrib/seminar.tar.gz

It was done for 1.1.6, but should work with 1.2.1. too.

However, it has different names for the environments and a different
approach, so be sure to read the template that comes with it and adapt your
document...

Please tell me about any problems or success...

Guenter

G.Milde at physik.tu-dresden.de