List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Indenting Descriptions?
From:       Guenter Milde <G.Milde () physik ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2002-08-23 15:40:37

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:39:32 +1000 wrote fb <goffredo@ozonline.com.au>:

> Hi All,
> is there some way to indent a description list? I have tried the
> quotation environment as a wrapper for the descriptions, but the
> first description does not line up with the others in the list. But
> basically it does what I want. Is there any way to do this? (I am
> using Lyx1.1.6fix3) e.g. a list like this:
>
>      SomeName  followed by something here
>      SomeOtherName followed by something else here
>
> And so on.

You could try nesting the description in a quote (See the chapter on nesting
in >Help> User_Guide)

Problems:

 LyX doesnot like empty environments, therefore, in order to have a quote
 that is empty in itself but contains other stuff, you need to put something
 in there that is "nothing" for LaTeX but "something" for LyX.
 I use {} or % in ERT (latex-mode). A hard-space (Ctrl-space) is not so
 good, as it is something in TeX too!

 You will get some extra space above and below the indented Descriptions.

Just try,

Guenter

G.Milde at physik.tu-dresden.de