List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: Re: Word --> TeX
From:       Guenter Milde <G.Milde () physik ! tu-dresden ! de>
Date:       2002-07-30 7:28:07

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:44:24 -0400 wrote Paul Tremblay <phthenry@earthlink.net>:

> > I think that Abiword uses wv for importing, so it is probably better
> > to use wv directly for conversion from word to lyx
>
> ... Unfortunately, it can't convert RTF to LaTeX.

Do you know about gnu unrtf?

   UnRTF is a moderately complicated converter from RTF to other
   formats, including HTML, LaTeX, text, and PostScript. Converting
   to HTML, it supports tables, fonts, colors, embedded images,
   hyperlinks, paragraph alignment among other things. All other
   conversions are "alpha"--just begun.

   WEBSITE
    http://www.geocities.com/tuorfa

I have downloaded version 0.18.1., it is written in C, compiles fast and
works pretty well. (for rtf -> html at least).

May be you can convince the author to include XML as output format...

Guenter

G.Milde at physik.tu-dresden.de