List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: milestones
From:       Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss () alumni ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2002-05-03 5:15:36

Peter Harkins wrote:

> 	I'm writing the specification of a piece of software and want to be
> to include information on the various milestones. As an example of a
> section:
>
> Milestone 1: The 'add users' screen will contain a blank for user name and a
> button labeled 'add'.
>
> Milestone 2: A radio-button control will be added with options 'user' or
> 'administrator'.
>
> Milestone 3: The 'add users' screen will have a text area for notes on a
> user.
>
> 	What I want to be able to do is output documents that contain
> information on all the milestones or just some. I could output a 'Milestone
> 1' document that would only have information on it, or a 'Milestone 3'
> document that would contain 1, 2 and 3.
> 	To give you an idea of my skill level, I'm not scared of ERT, but I
> am pretty much a newbie when it comes to LyX (I've only used it for a few
> papers and a FAQ).
> 	I browsed the LyX Tips page but nothing leaped out at me as matching
> what I'm trying to do. If I missed something please point it out to me.

switching between two optional texts

http://www.lyx.org/help/IfThen/ifthen.php

or with different texts this may work:
  write in preamble:

\newcommand\toPrint{milestone1}

or 2, 3, ... whatever you want to print

in the text start it with ert (tex -red)
\ifthenelse{\equal{\toPrint}{milestone1}}{% all in red
...the text for milestone 1 ... not in red (tex)
}{}% all in red (tex)
\ifthenelse{\equal{\toPrint}{milestone2}}{%
...the text for milestone 2 ...
}{}

and so on

Herbert