List:       lyx-users
Subject:    Re: export html really does not work, eps puzzles too
From:       "Jean-Pierre.Chretien" <Jean-Pierre.Chretien () cert ! fr>
Date:       2000-08-25 16:57:24

>>Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 11:44:31 -0500
>>From: Paul Johnson <pauljohn@ukans.edu>
>>To: "lyx-users@lyx.org" <lyx-users@lyx.org>
>>Subject: export html really does not work, eps puzzles too
>>
>>I saw a note about this recently in  here. I installed latex2html.
>>
>>I use RedHat 6.1 with lyx 1.5.1fix
>>In lyx, when I try export to HTML, a menu says "file.tex" already
>>exists. Do you want to overwrite the file?

This means that you alread exported the lyx file as tex in your dir,
(either with export as HTML or with Export as TeX
so lyx asks for a confirmation. Just answer Yes.

>>WHile I'm exposing more of my ignorance, let me ask this. I imported an
>>eps file and it looks fine on the screen in lyx, but when I view in dvi
>>the figure is all the way over to the right side of the page.  I've
>>found it fixes it if I set the horizontal width at 100%. Can someone
>>explain why?

If your EPS has a lousy BoundingBox, this is possible. How did you
get it ?

>>Also, in the panel you get when you double click an the eps figure,
>>there is a space for a caption.  In the exported tex, it shows up like
>>caption{} but there are no words in it.  Does this work for you?  It
>>works in a floating figure that I say is a subfigure.

The regular caption of the float in in the LyX window, not in the popup
panel.

--
Jean-Pierre